Parent Company BayWa r.e. renewable energy GmbH
The one sure thing in an ever-changing world
The future belongs to renewables, even though the energy market itself is subject to constant change. We are by your side as a responsible and reliable partner to help you plan effectively – now and in the future.
We provide you with advice and support regarding innovative, tailor-made solutions based around solar energy, wind power, bio-energy and geothermal energy. In this way we help to make the generation of energy profitable for you – over the long term.
Since our formation in 2009, we have developed into one of the most well-respected project developers and system suppliers of PV plants throughout Germany, the rest of Europe, the USA, Southeast Asia and Japan. We also offer additional forms of support to our customers by providing consultation and system management services.
We specialize in a wide range of renewable technologies, and our activities extend across many countries.
Currently, our operations are targeted on Germany, Europe, North America, Southeast Asia and Japan. Working in partnership with our customers, we have already brought 1,200 megawatts online. Today, we are one of Europe's leading suppliers in this sector. Our ambition is to promote an increase in the utilization of renewables at a global level.
We are fortunately placed as the size of our company, our global network of sales outlets and financial backing of BayWa AG, together with our extensive expertise in each of our business sectors, put us in a good position to achieve our ambitious aims.
- Established February 2009
- Employees over 1000 (as of February 2016)
- Revenue € 945,9 million (2016)
- Sites Germany (head office), Austria, France, Italy, United Kingdom, Spain, Switzerland, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Denmark, Southeast Asia, Japan, North America
- Areas of activity Wind energy, solar energy, bio-energy, geothermal energy
Products and Services:
- Project development & implementation: Project development, turnkey installation, project finance
- Photovoltaic trade: Photovoltaic components, installation systems, storage systems and accessories
- Support: Technical and commercial operations management, rotor optimization and maintenance
- Services: Technical consultation and due diligence, engineering, trading in biomethane, raw material management
BayWa r.e. in Southeast Asia
Southeast Asia is one of the world’s strongest economic growth areas with a population of approximately 625 million people. The region is a large net importer of energy and renewable energy therefore plays a key role in the future energy mix to ensure energy security.
BayWa r.e. has holding companies in Singapore and operates out of the regional office in Bangkok. The local team is one of the most experienced renewable energy teams in the region who were active in the first large-scale projects in Thailand back in 2009.
Managing Directors of BayWa r.e. Solar Pte. Ltd.:
Managing Directors of BayWa r.e. (Thailand) Co., Ltd.:
Daniel Gaefke, Tor Pramoj
BayWa r.e. in Japan
Japan has been the fastest growing market for PV, since FIT Program was introduced in the middle of 2011, and its cumulative capacity reaches 25 GW.
BayWa r.e. is actively pursuing and developing PV projects in Japan, with the size of 10–50 MW. The experienced team is engaging in site acquisition, land survey, development and permit process, communication with authorities and communities, and EPC and O&M.
Managing Directors of BayWa r.e. Japan KK:
Dr. Benedikt Ortmann, Christof Thannbichler, Masahiro Ito